Is every group good for you?
Are you a member of lots of ‘Anxiety’ groups on social media?
Before I set up my private page and membership I joined lots of groups and pages on Facebook to see what was out there.
I have had times in my life where I have had periods of extreme anxiety so I get why we can do that –
- Safety in numbers!
- I’m not alone!
- Is it just me?
- Do others feel the same?
- How do I stop it?
Here’s what I found out –
- I was starting to get MORE anxious!
- I got caught up in my anxious thoughts!
- I started to compare myself to everyone else!
I know I need to be on Facebook because that’s where everyone hangs out BUT I chose to leave all those groups and build my group and membership being authentic and positive.
Of course we can still talk about and share our experience of life at the moment, and support each other.
I can remember when I was fostering I had a similar feeling. At most support meetings, most of the conversations would be about how bad things were, and all the trials and tribulations of being a foster carer, at times I felt drawn it to a kind of competition and the winner was the one with the ‘worst situation’!
I stopped attending those groups too!
- I like being in a groups where there is a positive vibe . . . . . even if the content can be difficult at times.
- I like being in a group that can be light – hearted . . . . . even if the content can be difficult at times.
- I like being in a group where members celebrate their wins . . . . . even if the content can be difficult at times.
- I like being in a group where I feel safe to be me . . . . . even if I don’t know who ME is yet.
If this sounds familiar and you want to join a positive, uplifting group OFF FACEBOOK here’s how:
- Type livinglifebeinghuman.co.uk into your web browser
- Fill in a few details
- Enjoy a FREE Month on me!